Hair transplants has become a very popular option in combating against hair thinning for different reasons and to produce a permanent solution to regional hair loss. On the other hand, hair transplant centers in Turkey are preferred to get good results at affordable prices. So, exactly how is the hair transplant procedure and how are the results; Let me explain in detail…
Hair transplant in Istanbul / Turkey All-inclusive packages
- VIP Transfer
- As your health coordinator, I will accompany you through the whole process
- Staying at Hotel
- Blood tests
- Maximum graft with FUE technique
- Medicines and care set
- Control and first wash after surgery
- Lifetime warranty
Questions on Your Mind About Hair Transplants…
Many people are aware of this aesthetic health practice, but exactly what is a hair transplant? First this needs to be explained. The answers to questions such as; Who can have a hair transplant? How a hair transplant is performed? Whether a hair transplant is a painful procedure or if the patient feels pain when getting a hair transplant? are also very important for patients. On the other hand, what are the techniques of hair transplants? and which of these techniques is the best? are questions often asked. I would like to inform you under heading regarding such things as; are patients whom had hair transplants in Turkey satisfied? and how the prices are in Turkey for a hair transplant.
Let’s start answering those who are interested about hair transplants …
What is a Hair Transplant?
It is a hair follicle transplantation that is made to achieve the desired density of hair permanently. In this process, which is usually based on the transplantation of the hair follicles from the back of the neck to the desired area, there are different techniques depending on the application. It is considered a surgical operation. Although the application is somewhat laborious, it is known today as a very comfortable procedure for patients. When the hair transplant is performed in an expert hand, the result is natural and permanent.
The History of Hair Transplantation
In an Egyptian hieroglyphic dating back to 4000 B.C., the mixtures prepared for the solution of baldness illustrate that mankind has long wanted fuller hair. However, the first study in the field of hair transplantation was carried out in 1939 by a Japanese scientist. A Japanese scientist who has transplanted a hair follicle into the eyebrows of a young man who was burnt in battle is considered the father of today’s hair transplantation technologies. In 1988, another Japanese scientist tried hair transplantation with 1mm punctures. In 2002, the FUE technique was introduced to the world with a scientific paper. In 2007, the robotic FUE method was developed and in 2010 hair transplantation was started with the technique called DHI. Today, FUE, DHI, Sapphire Percutaneous techniques are very popular hair transplantation techniques.
Hair Transplant Techniques
- Hair transplant techniques are listed as follows:
- Hair Transplant with the FUT technique.
- Hair Transplant with the FUE technique.
- Hair Transplant with the DHI technique.
- Hair Transplant with Sapphire Percutaneous technique.
Who Can Have a Hair Transplant?
Every adult over 21 years of age can have a hair transplant. Applying for a hair transplant is as follows:
- Any man or woman who complains about having hair loss can have a hair transplant.
- People with a hair loss problem.
- People with regional hair loss
- hair loss due to an illness or medication use.
- Persons with hair loss from accidents, burns and other traumas.
- People who are uncomfortable with an excessively wide forehead.
How is a hair transplant performed?
The answer to the question of how a hair transplant is performed should be explained according to the hair transplant technique. However, in almost all techniques, hair follicles from a donor area are planted in the desired region. Here, the techniques applied in the uptake and cultivation of hair follicles varies according the material used in the different techniques. Of course, the method differences also affect the result.
The Subject of Pain and Discomfort in Hair Transplants
In the first years of hair transplants, this operation was looked upon as a painful procedure due to the fact that both anesthesia techniques and hair transplantation methods were not sufficiently developed. However, these days, the patient comfort is an oriented perfection process and the tremendous change in anesthesia practices have made the feeling of pain or discomfort almost negligible.
Anesthesia in the Hair Transplant Process
Local anesthesia is applied during hair transplants. However, general anesthesia or different methods can be used if the patient has a special condition or discomfort. The physician makes the decision here.
Hair Transplant Sessions
In hair transplants one of the most asked questions is the number of sessions. The preferred technique and the width of the application site are important determinants. However, usually 2 sessions are sufficient.
Before and After a Hair Transplant
A hair transplant is a process categorized within the aesthetic health applications. However, due to the fact that there is a surgical incision performed makes it a different surgical operation unlike procedures such as; filling and mesotherapy. There are important details that the patient should pay attention to before and after this operation. If the use of a special drug or a different situation is not the case, the following explain what should be considered before and after the hair transplant.
What should be paid attention to before a hair transplant?
- You should not drink alcohol.
- You should not smoke.
- should not take blood thinners.
- You should not enter a solarium.
- You should not be exposed to excessive sunlight.
- You should avoid using a hair dryer, hair spray, etc. that will irritate the scalp.
- If possible, you should occasionally massage the scalp to accelerate the blood flow.
- Eat well and balanced.
How Should Your Nutrition Be Before a Hair Transplant?
- Folic acid rich foods are valuable for hair follicles. Green leafy vegetables, raw almonds, liver, red meat, dried figs are foods rich in folic acid.
- C is important for hair follicles, and choosing foods rich in vitamin C can also be beneficial for the process.
- Intense consumption of caffeine and tannin (found in black tea) are not recommended.
- Alcohol and smoking are prohibited and not recommended for wound healing.
- Drink plenty of water, it is recommended to remove toxins.
What to pay attention to after a hair transplant?
- The so-called first wash procedure must be carried out correctly.
- For the first three days, the hair should not get wet or even by sweat if possible.
- It should be avoided to use excessively hot water during the first 6 months.
- Extremely hot water, as well as very cold water, can damage the hair roots and plantedroots.
- Products such as hair spray and hair gel should not be used for a while.
- Devices such as a hair dryer that give excessive heat to the bottom of the hairs and cancause damage to where the roots have been transplanted should not be used.
- It is best to let the hair dry naturally for about 2 months. Towel drying by rubbing is alsonot recommended
- It is recommended to stop drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes and drinking excessamounts of coffee.
- Good nutrition is important as it will provide the vitamins and minerals the hair follicles will need
What is the first wash after a hair transplant?
This process, known as the first wash, is performed under clinical conditions. It is aimed to soften and shed the tiny scabs with a special lotion applied to the scalp. If these scabs are itched with the finger nails or removed harshly, the newly planted roots will be damaged. Therefore, on the 3rd or 4th day after the hair transplant, the scabs are softened with a special lotion and cleaned by washing. This is necessary for the removal of the scabs without damaging the roots, the removal of the scabs allows the hair follicles to breathe. The first wash can be summarized as follows:
- Should be preferred to be performed by health professionals.
- Wash using a special lotion.
- The waiting period of the lotion on the scalp is important.
- The water used during washing must be boiled and cooled water.
- The water used for washing should not be too hot.
- Other than the lotion, other products such as shampoo or conditioner should not be used in the first wash
- In the washing process do not scrub the scalp
- When the washing is finished, the hair should be left to dry naturally
- Avoid excessive sun exposure after washing.
When do the first hairs grow?
After the hair transplant, the first shedding phase must be passed before the first hairs grow. Depending on the type of treatment, on the age of the patient and many other factors, depends on the growth of the first hairs. The hairs usually grow in between 4-6 months.
To Get a Hair Transplant in Turkey…
Today, many people from Europe and US having a hair transplant or another aesthetic process prefers Turkey. To have a hair transplant in Turkey stands out as a more economical option that offers excellent results and implementation of patient comfort is remarkable. This being the case, especially in Turkey there are many options for transplant centers in Istanbul. However, it is difficult to say that all of them have experienced service providers or clinical conditions, so care must be taken when deciding. Therefore, get information about the team that will do the operation before deciding on the hair transplant in Turkey. Learning the process where it will be done and of course where you can explore in this beautiful country, while the process continues, so do the research.
How are Hair Transplant Prices in Turkey?
The number of people doing research on if low priced hair transplants are possible in Turkey grows each year. Being a hair transplant specialist that has overseen patients getting hair, eyebrow, beard, mustache transplants and other aesthetic procedures from Europe in Turkey, I can truly say that the prices for hair transplants in Turkey are comparatively suitable. However, I think that the excellent results with expertise as well as the attractiveness of prices are effective in making a hair transplant so popular in Istanbul. To sum it up, Turkey’s successful results in offering hair transplants and medical tourism can provide a very impressive quality of service in this field and the reasonable prices in a country that is much more convenient in comparison to the European countries.
Are People Who Get a Hair Transplant in Turkey Satisfied?
As Meral Kalafat I have been included in the process of patients coming for hair transplants to Turkey from Europe since 2012. In this process, I worked for very large health institutions and for my own agency too. Based on my observations, I can say; I have witnessed Europeans patients coming to Turkey for a hair transplant that are surprised by the quality of services they receive in accordance to the affordable prices. It is possible to achieve very successful results when the right institution is selected and the service is received from the right team. Moreover, there are so many places to visit in Istanbul when you come to have a hair transplant, so contact me right away to plan your hair transplant.