Before a Hair Transplant
The things to be done before the hair transplant are among the most interested subject of patients. Topics such as; What should be done before a hair transplant or what should be paid attention to before the hair transplant can be explained as follows:
Before a hair transplant, the process can be evaluated as decision making process, selecting the right team and preparation process. It is also an important detail that the patient clearly determines his or her expectation during this period. Now let’s look at the details …
Clarify Your Expectations Before a Hair Transplant!
Before a hair transplant, patients may sometimes have unrealistic expectations. This may lead to disappointment in the post planting process. In the process of deciding a hair transplant, it is important to conduct good research and have realistic expectations. For example, if your hair structure is thick stranded, the result is always fuller.
Do Price Research Before a Hair Transplant!
Hair transplantation prices may vary for different reasons. There may be price differences due to the transplant institution, the details of the process, the experience of the hair transplant specialist, and even the place where the transplant will take place affect the price. Details such as your hair structure, the intensity of the transplant and the technique to be applied are also the main determinants of the price.
Is a Hair Transplantation Covered by Health Insurance?
Another important issue with regards to hair transplant prices is the inability to benefit from insurance in such aesthetic procedures. Many people think that private health insurance will cover hair transplants, but they usually don’t. If you don’t have a policy covering this procedure it is recommended that you discuss this with your insurance company. If hair loss occurs after burns or trauma, hair transplants may be covered by health insurance by counting as reconstructive treatment.
What should be paid attention to before a hair transplant?
We can summarize the things to be careful about just before a hair transplant as follows:
- If you have a habit of smoking, do not smoke for at least the last two days before the procedure. It is known that the substances contained in the cigarette have a negative effect on the healing process of wounds.
- If you have an alcohol habit, it is recommended to take a break before and after a hair transplant.
- Do not cut your hair before the surgery. The hairs in the area where the hair follicle will be removed should be long enough for transplantation. Long hair also closes the suture marks after surgery.
- Research shows that head massages, which starts about ten days before the hair ransplant and is performed for 15-20 minutes a day, has a positive effect on the process. Gently massage the skin of your head from where you sit during the day.
- Before some hair transplant procedures, the physician may recommend medication. If there is such a situation, it is necessary to pay attention to take the given medicine.
- In some cases, you may be asked to have a blood test or an ECG test.
- It is recommended that you do not take blood thinners before the procedure.
Research Turkey for a Hair Transplant
Many people living in Europe prefer Turkey for aesthetic procedures. This has been the case for about 15-20 years. When we look at the research done in the field of health tourism in Turkey, regarding trained personnel numbers, the fact that the health education meets world standards also the fact that technical materials and hardware can be located more easier than in other countries in the world and travel is more fun and comfortable. These aspects and options stand out as a positive note for Turkey. There are too many options for a hair transplant in Turkey, so finding an agency in Turkey to guide you in locating the expert team and finding experienced hair transplant professionals in a country where you are a stranger is very important.
I, as Meral Kalafat, have worked for 10 years in different institutions making European health agreements with Turkey. Today with my own health tourism agency I am continuing the support for European patients wanting to get an aesthetic procedure done in Turkey. I can clearly say that when you find the right health team not only can you get a hair transplant but you can have any aesthetic procedure you would like and it is the right choice. Furthermore, as I have seen many patients which has improved my experience greatly and shown me that the aspects such as the availability of the health experts, flexible working hours and the availability of health technology make Turkey a better choice than many other European countries.
Contact me as soon as you have any further questions and write to me via WhatsApp right away.