After a Hair Transplant
The question of what happens after a hair transplant is important for many people. What should be the care taken after a hair transplant or when will the hair grow after a hair transplant? Let’s look at the answers to these questions…
After the Hair Transplant Process …
The process after the hair transplant is generally comfortable. It is expected that the scabing of the hair scalp will pass in a short amount of time. After having a hair transplant, the patient’s care in some subjects helps the process to pass more quickly and the results are more positive. The process after the hair transplant can be examined under two main headings as the recovery process after the hair transplant and the care process after hair the transplant.
Recovery After a Hair Transplant
After the hair transplant, the donor area and the region selected for transplantation will heal in a short time. However, there are some assignments which must be observed by the patient to make the process faster, to allow hair grow faster and to obtain the desired result. It is important to be sensitive about good nutrition, taking care regarding the first wash and protecting the scalp from any harmful and irritating factors. So, what should be the nutrition after the hair transplant, what should be paid attention to regarding the hair care?
Nutrition After the Hair Transplant
Nutrition after a properly arranged hair transplant operation facilitates less hair loss and stronger hair growth. Eating well and getting the energy you need from nutrients will also make hair follicles stronger. The hair is fed from the root of the hair. Therefore, good nutrition after a hair transplant is important for healthy and stronger hair.
For your hair to be strong and for your personal nutrition plan, it is important to take vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C and some enzymes. However, some substances are directly effective in strengthening the hair follicles. Two of them are biotin and folic acid.
The substance called biotin is very valuable for healthy hair. Biotin is a substance found in some foods. for example, hazelnut, green leafy vegetables, liver, mulberry and peanuts contain biotin. Consuming these products can have a positive effect on hair follicles by providing a biotin rich nutrition. It is also important to take folic acid which affects cell division. Green leafy vegetables especially arugula, broccoli, artichoke and melon are foods rich in folic acid, as red meat and eggs are too.
First Wash After the Hair Transplant
An important part of the post hair care process is the so called “first wash. The first wash after the hair transplant ensures that the scabs are removed with the lotion applied to the hair. With this washing process, the scabbing is removed and the hair follicles are are allowed to breathe and new hairs growth is made easier. For the first wash, the center where the hair transplant was performed is recommended. However, if the conditions are not suitable, the patient can also do the first wash at home.
Care After the Hair Transplant
It is important to be sensitive about what needs to be considered after the transplant to get positive result effects quickly. These can be seen as assignments for the patient after the planting. What to do after the hair transplant is explained to the patient by the physician after the procedure. Unless there is a very special case, the things that should be done or the things to be take care about can be listed as follows:
- It is recommended that you postpone work and sports activities that will cause you to sweat. This is important since you will need to take a shower when you are sweating and sweating is not desirable for the scalp.
- Stress is one of the main causes of hair loss and under intense stress, hair follicles can be adversely affected. Therefore, it is recommended to avoid stress in the process after the hair transplants.
- Intensive tea and coffee consumption are not recommended.
- It is not recommended to drink alcohol as it will also reach the hair follicles directly through the blood.
- It may be useful to say goodbye to the cigarette habit for at least a few days after transplant.
- If any medication is prescribed by your doctor, you should pay attention to its use.
- It is recommended that you pay attention to the way you lie down to avoid rubbing of your head for the first few days. For example, if hair has been applied to the top part of your head you should lay on your backside and if the hairs have been applied to the back of your head then you should lay on face down on your stomach.
- It is also important that you are not exposed to excessive sunlight. Therefore, if it’s summer, it is recommended that you stay out the sun for during the first three days after the hair transplants.
- Hot air from hair dryers will damage the roots. Therefore, it is not recommended to use a hair dryer and do any styling with heat emitting devices.
- For a long time on the transplant region do not use things such as hair gel, hair spray or other hair products should not be applied to the transplant area.
- When washing the hair for the first time after 3 days, it is recommended to get the wash at the treatment center. This provides both post-operative check-up and the washing process can be performed smoothly, as the materials used and the person washing is a professional.
- When showering during the first few months, it should be noted to wash with gentle movements and massages.
Recovery After the Hair Transplant and New Hair Growth
Little redness caused by the channels opened after planting and the healing process of the donor area can make patients worry. However, this is a natural process. It is possible to explain some of the conditions that concern patients after a transplant…
- About a week after the hair transplant, scars on your scalp pass and the scabs fall out.
- Any incisions or scars formed during the operation will completely disappear. You don’t have to worry about that.
- In the days following the operation, small redness or acne may occur in the areas where the hair follicles are removed. Again, these disappear completely within a few weeks.
- There is always the possibility of edema. In the case of edema, it is recommended that you consult your health care professional.
- Approximately one week after the start of washing, the hair strands in the transplanted area begin to fall out. You don’t need to panic or think that hair transplant didn’t work. This is a natural process. A few months after the operation, new hair will begin to grow from the roots placed 1.5 cm below the skin surface.
- After 4 months from the hair transplant, new and permanent hairs start to grow.
To Get a Hair Transplant in Turkey…
In the world today the hair transplant is as a very common aesthetic practice done frequently and in large numbers. Hair transplant is growing in popularity and this causes people with a hair loss and baldness problems to seek people who want to guide them to reliable health teams and to learn about the hair transplant process. As someone who has evaluated applications from different parts of the world for a long time, I can say that; One of the countries where you can get service safely is Turkey. Moreover, it offers the luxury of combining hair transplants with a holiday and travel. Hair transplants in Turkey are in high demand from European countries. Patients come here by communicating with trusted institutions in the field of hair transplant in Turkey. You can receive high quality services at much more affordable prices than in European countries. On the other hand, it is possible to visit Istanbul while the process is in progress, and even to see places of unique beauty such as Bodrum, İzmir, Antalya, Cappadocia to have a holiday with just a few hour flights. Discovering the branches of the world’s largest and most popular restaurant chains, the stores of the most luxurious brands, local delicacies and giant textile markets is a very pleasant experience in Istanbul.
For all the questions you have in mind regarding the stages after the hair transplant, you can reach me immediately from my contact information.